Are you tired of wearing traditional dentures? Do you dislike the fact you can’t eat your favorite foods or are left spending additional time cleaning and soaking your prosthetics? You’re not alone. Many individuals become tired of dealing with their high level of maintenance and limited capabilities. If you are ready for something better and more permanent, it’s time to consider implant dentures in Houston. A local dentist explains many of the most common pitfalls associated with regular dentures and what benefits you can expect by making the switch to dental implants.
The Pitfalls of Traditional Dentures: Why People Grow Tired
If you are a denture-wearer, there is a good chance you’re ready for a tooth replacement solution that has more to offer. While the price tag associated with these prosthetics is much more affordable than other options, they often leave much to be desired over time. A few of the reasons so many people are ready to make the switch to more permanent implant dentures include:
- Regular dentures do not have roots. They only sit on top of the gum. As a result, your bone will continue to deteriorate over time, resulting in changes to your facial shape. This can cause a more sunken appearance that requires dentures to be relined and ultimately replaced because of their improper fit.
- Traditional dentures can often slip or fall out while eating or speaking, causing embarrassment. Because they rely on your natural suction to remain in place, you may notice it requires more effort to eat because you must be more cognizant of keeping your denture in place.
- Dentures require more time to clean and maintain. Not only do you need to take them out at night to soak, but you must also be more mindful of your prosthetic while brushing (i.e., placing a towel in the basin of your sink to avoid potential breakage should you drop them).
4 Unique Benefits of Implant Dentures
Making the switch to implant dentures can open a new world of opportunities and a chance to embrace a better quality of life. In fact, there are at least 4 unique benefits that come with combining your regular dentures with dental implants, including:
- The ability to save money. Surprisingly, you will actually save more money by choosing implant dentures because you will not need to buy dental adhesives, specialized cleaning solutions, or have frequent adjustments or replacements every 5-7 years.
- Improved oral health. As we mentioned earlier, regular dentures do not stimulate the jawbone; however, dental implants do! Because they mimic the natural tooth structure, they serve as the “root” and offer stimulation each time you bite down or chew, preventing facial collapse.
- Optimal functionality. With regular dentures, your food options may be more limited because of your weaker bite. By combining them with dental implants, you are free to indulge in a healthy, nutritious diet that allows for a stronger bite force and chewing power. Not only will this ensure you achieve better oral and overall health, but you’ll also feel more confident when enjoying a meal with others.
- Permanence. Implant dentures are permanently affixed to your bone, which means they won’t slip or fall out like regular dentures. As a result, your smile will look and feel more natural and has the potential to last a lifetime.
If you’re ready to do more with your smile, don’t waste any more time! Make the switch to implant dentures today!
About the Author
Dr. Mark Gray is a highly-trained and skilled dentist in Houston, TX. He graduated from the University of Texas Dental School in Memorial. Offering start-to-finish dental implant placement in his Houston dental office, he and his team are pleased to provide this alternative solution to patients suffering from tooth loss. Whether you’re looking to replace one or more teeth or make the switch from regular dentures, Dr. Gray can use advanced dental technology to provide a more permanent and fully functional smile. If you’re ready to do something about your missing teeth, visit our website or call (281) 493-9395.