All-on-4 Dental Implants – Houston, TX
Fast and Reliable Full-Arch Replacement
If you are missing all of your teeth throughout an arch, you basically have two ways to replace your lost pearly whites: a traditional denture or an implant-supported prosthesis. We often recommend dental implants because of the superior longevity, stability, and oral health benefits that they provide. Moreover, the process for restoring a smile with implants isn’t always as complex or time-consuming as many patients believe. Thanks to the patented All-on-4 technique, you may be able to regain your teeth in a single day!
How Do All-on-4 Implants Work?
What’s even more remarkable is that many patients can receive a provisional (temporary) prosthesis on the same day as their implant surgery. Although this provisional denture is not as strong or as durable as a permanent one, it can enhance your smile’s appearance and give you extra confidence as you wait for your permanent new set of teeth.
Am I a Candidate for All-on-4 Implants?
The ideal candidates for All-on-4 dental implants:
- Have lost all or most of their teeth throughout an arch
- Have adequate bone density and height to support the implants
- Have fair overall health
- Are free of serious oral health problems, such as gum disease
- Live a lifestyle that will promote the implants’ long-term well-being (for example, ideal candidates do not smoke or chew tobacco)
Even if you believe you are not an “ideal” candidate for All-on-4, it’s still worth your time to visit our team for a consultation! After we thoroughly examine your mouth and talk to you about your goals and preferences, we’ll recommend the treatment that we believe is the best fit for your circumstances.
What Are the Benefits of All-on-4 Implants?
Some of the most outstanding benefits of All-on-4 dental implants include:
- Even some patients who have already experienced bone loss in their jaw are candidates for the procedure.
- The bite force you receive with an All-on-4 denture is almost as strong as what you would have with natural teeth.
- Only one surgery is necessary. Recovery time is fairly quick; you may feel up to resuming your normal routine is just a few days. However, it will take several months for the implants to bond well with the bone around them.
- The total cost of your new smile may be lower than what you would have to pay with a more traditional implant procedure.
All-on-4 Vs. Traditional Dental Implants
The key difference between All-on-4 and traditional dental implants is related to the implant placement. A traditional procedure may require five or six implants to replace an arch of teeth, which are placed at various locations throughout the jawbone.
A normal implant process also involves two surgeries. First, there is the placement surgery. Then, a few months later, there is another minor procedure wherein the dentist exposes the implants and attaches abutments to them (the abutments connect the implants to the final restoration). Since All-on-4 provides you with provisional teeth on the day of your first surgery, no second surgery is necessary.
Are you missing all teeth in Memorial? Contact Dr. Gray and the rest of our team to discover whether All-on-4 dental implants are right for you!